Collaboration in Hospitals, I think so

(This is my makeup blog post from Nov. 2) 

Last weekend a situation occurred where I resulted in the hospital. Due to this, I learned a lot from my time being there. Not only do I now know EVERYTHING about medical terms and medicine but I am more aware of the standings the workers have in their office space. You never really put in perspective how hard working each member of the hospital is and with how much hospitality they treat you. 
As I was sitting there for the various days, it was presented to my attention that I noticed the slight bit of collaboration used within the work space. For example, I had a nurse with me at all times and if a problem rose with me, she reported to the internal doctor team in order to get the correct medical attention I needed. You never really think about how in everyday life, one is able to see the use of collaboration. Even if it is for tiny situations, it can affect a situation in such a positive way. It is a sense of coming together to make any event better. Especially in a hospital setting, the use of computers is higher and communication skills are through the roof. 
Overall, I was very impressed with how hard working and dedicated the teams were with each other during my stay. It took me some time to actually put two and two together, that they are collaborating so much, but in the end I was very impressed. 

Photo Courtesy: http://www.windycitydrs.com/hospital-internet-marketing.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What team?

Presentations